WHAT: Lafayette in Alexandria Day with Museum Open Houses
WHEN: May 31, 2015 from: 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM
Where: Old Town
Before the French tall ship L’Hermione arrives in Alexandria, start off the celebration with free tours and Lafayette himself! The day of adventure begins on Market Square at 1 p.m. with the launch of Tides of Revolution: The Hermione Game, a virtual, web-based game providing a first-person experience of fun!
Then head out to tour the Alexandria museums open for free:
• Carlyle House Historic Park
• Gadsby’s Tavern Museum
• Old Presbyterian Meeting House
• Stabler-Leadbeater Apothecary Museum
• Alexandria Archaeology Museum
• The Lyceum, Alexandria History Museum
• Friendship Firehouse Museum
• Alexandria Black History Museum
• Lee-Fendall House Museum
A complimentary shuttle will be available to transport visitors to The Lyceum, Alexandria Black History Museum, and Lee-Fendall House Museum. Lafayette will be visiting with guests to Alexandria throughout the day.